What's New with IP Office Release 8.0?
Enhanced and differentiated mobility solution:
The new Avaya one-X® Mobile Preferred for IP Office solution extends unified communications capabilities to mobile devices, and brings the desktop experience to users on the go. This integrated server-based solution provides rich functionality and multi-modal communication such as audible commands, instant messaging, and voice call control.
- One-number access and call control (click-to-call, click-to-conference, etc.) with a rich user interface
- Integrated presence, IM, visual voicemail, audible commands, & more
- Support for Android platform
- Included in Mobile Worker & Power User solutions (Preferred Edition license required)
Simplified Installation & Management
IP Office R8.0 introduces the Avaya C110 Unified Communications Module, an integrated, solid-state CPU module that reduces cost, time of deployment, and maintenance of external servers. The C110 UC Module provides on-board applications support for IP Office, and takes just a single slot on the IP500v2 server. We’ve also introduced the IP Office Web Manager tool for Basic Edition (formerly known as Essential Edition - Quick Mode), which allows management of IP Office from any browser capable device.
- The C110 UC Module comes pre-bundled with Preferred Edition to help increase applications up-sell while reducing overall installation times and maintenance
- New browser-based Web Manager for IP Office Basic Edition enables remote management, monitoring, and upgrading for smaller SMEs
Desktop Application Integration
The Avaya IP Office Plug-in for Microsoft® Outlook enables SMEs to embed communications into their desktop, providing capabilities such as click to call, visual voicemail, calendar mining, and federated presence with IP Office, Microsoft Lync, and GoogleTalk contacts
- Enhancements to Avaya one-X Portal for IP Office add federated presence with your IP Office, Microsoft Lync & GoogleTalk contacts, as well as Microsoft Exchange calendar mining, IM to voice transfer, and 3rd party gadget integration
- “Out of the box” integration with salesforce.com® – a simple plug-in appears in the sidebar of every salesforce.com page, enabling SMEs to personalize their service and have instant access to customer information. Allows users to make and receive calls, place calls on hold, or complete consultative and/or blind transfers right within salesforce.com.